I’ve been a professional photographer for 25 years, working with executives, educators, lawmakers and celebrities, as well as the person next door. The variety of assignments that I shoot keeps me fresh and focused. I feel fortunate to have found success in something I love.
I was a late-bloomer to photography I didn’t pick up a camera until I took a photojournalism class in college. But once I found it, I was hooked. My start came in newspapers and that shaped the candid, spontaneous style of photography I have today.
I’ve been published in magazines like Cottage Living and Woman’s Day in addition to many university publications, trade magazines and newspapers. My pictures are featured in P. Allen Smith’s Garden Home books, in his magazine articles and on his web site.
A typical week for me might include:
- Shooting pictures in a college classroom for a recruitment brochure
- Photographing beautiful flowers for a magazine article
- Making a portrait of someone who quit smoking for a health publication
- Going to the park to photograph a client’s little boy while he plays
- Attending an evening event to photograph an awards presentation
- Making pictures of the keynote speaker at an annual meeting
I approach my assignments with a sense of humor and my clients tell me I put them at ease, even the ones who don’t like the limelight. I pride myself on being easy to get along with, working quickly and making sure my clients get what they want.
Here’s a partial list of my clients:
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- P. Allen Smith Gardens
- Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Institute
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
- Cici’s Artshop
- Garver Engineers
- Acxiom Corporation
- Arkansas Community Action Agency
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital